Saturday 14 April 2012

I have blond-rexia.

I was blonde before poker face and Minaj.


It’s taken me awhile but I finally admit it. It’s been a long battle to get where I am today.

I think it's due to the fact that my childhood was centered on stories of Cinderella and Sleeping Beauty and I often begged my mother to change my dark tones to light.

But now, platinum, ash and even silver fill my colour palette.


Yes it is somewhat a disease; I remember my first bleach encounter – I had to bleach and then tone and bleached and toned some more to get my naturally dark brown hair into a state of illumination.

I’ve had to fight brassy tones and hair literally snapping off from the roots.

Every time bleach is applied to my roots I cringe at the fact that in an hour the intense burning sensation will make me want to pull out my own fingernails and I know I just need to break through the pain barrier to ensure my roots are in sync with the rest of my hair.


I highly recommend not doing this yourself. My endurance has come from A LOT of trial and error without professional help. But I absolutely love it.

So that's it. My blonde dependency is out there for the world to know about it. But every successful fashionista knows the pain of a hidden beauty addiction.


May it be tan-orexia, fake eyelash-rexia or even high heel-rexia (another vice of mine!) let us all relish in the world of shameless obsession :)

No comments:

Post a Comment